Assistant Production Manager
Do you have a HND Engineering qualification or have equivalent experience in a similar role?
Assistant Production Manager (Manufacturing/Sheet Metal Working) – Staff Position – North East England
A leading engineering and manufacturer of fabricated metal construction products has an immediate requirement for an Assistant Production Manager to be based at their prestigious Country Durham site.
The position is to work closely with the Production Manager and Production Director in the efficient management of all daily activities within the fabrication department across a two-shift system (Early and Back Shift)
The position will be responsible for supporting with the planning, organising and controlling the manufacture and fabrication of a comprehensive range of material finishes in a safe and quality-controlled environment.
- Assess project resource requirements to ensure material is correctly calculated, selected, ordered and purchased to carry out production projects, safeguarding production delivery timescales,
- Ensure customer requirements are met, monitoring the production process and adjust schedules as needed,
- Monitor product standards and implement quality-control programmes,
- Work with Senior Managers to implement the company's policies and procedures,
- Supervising and motivating a team of operators, improving their skillset and safety knowledge through relevant training sessions,
- Arrange for the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment.
- Production and Manufacture background, ideally from the Sheet Metal forming industry
- People Management training/qualifications
- HSE implementation and control
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and 14001 Quality systems would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma methodology is also highly desirable.
For additional information on this excellent opportunity, please contact Steve Guest, or forward your up to date CV for review