Materials Research Scientist
Do you hold a Degree qualification within; Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or a related discipline?
Based in the North East our clients are specialists in the project management of some of the most complex and challenging new technologies in the industrial bioprocessing sector. Their team specialise in consultancy services to clients across the UK to develop new products and improve current processes with the aim of providing a commercially viable/improved production process. Due to continued success they are now looking to recruit a Research Scientist to join a Materials Science team and focus on projects within; Polymer Chemistry, Surface and Adhesion.
- In line with the business strategy and industry needs you will prepare, test, develop, analyse and research elements in polymer materials science
- Support technical delivery of projects and support to the Business Development Team
- Apply measurement techniques to characterise polymer, surface and adhesion properties
- Set up, plan and execute scientific experiments and analyse, interpret and report results to agreed timescales
- You will hold a Degree qualification within; Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or a related discipline, PhD qualifications are desirable
- Industrial experience within a similar position would be an advantage
- Must hold a strong background in polymer chemistry, as well as experience in surface science and characterisation or adhesion science
- Laboratory experience in the characterisation of materials properties, and strong knowledge of formulating materials
- Able to effectively use Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint