Application Scientist & Product Marketing Manager
Do you have a Degree in Material Science, Physics, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry?
Our client is a global organisation with over 90 sites providing an extensive range of products and solutions to clients within Analytical & Diagnostic Instrumentation. Developing state-of-the-art technologies and innovative solutions they develop new applications within Molecular Research, Microscopy, Nano-analysis and industrial applications. Due to continued successes at their site based in Durham they now have a requirement for an Application Scientist and Product Marketing Manager to join their Semiconductor Division. As the successful candidate you will to support X-ray activities across their site and have particular focus on High Resolution X-ray Diffraction, X-ray Reflectometry and X-ray diffraction imaging.
- Work with clients to assess their needs and advise on potential applications of company products to meet process metrology needs
- Providing technical expertise on X-ray products through; product demonstrations, presentations, customer training/support and qualification
- Manage product marketing through roadmapping and developing existing and future applications, identify new applications and customers and create technical sales materials
- Support technology, engineering and production teams in qualification of new technologies, algorithms, methodologies, software and hardware features
- Ensure product applications are functioning according to specifications
- Support clients prior to the sale, through to delivery and installation to user support
- Candidates must hold a minimum of a Degree in Material Science, Physics, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- Holding a master’s or PhD qualification would be an advantage
- Must hold knowledge of Materials Engineering basics within; thermodynamics, kinetics, diffusion, basic crystallography etc.
- Ideally you will be familiar with; Metrology and Characterisation techniques, X-ray materials characterisation, AFM or OCD
- Semiconductor industry experience would be an advantage
- Candidates must be willing to travel throughout the UK and internationally, this role included 20%-30% travel