Technical Operations Scientist / Engineer
If you have expertise in operating and optimising biochemical-reactor’s and/or fermentation processes this exciting opportunity could be for you
Our client produces sustainable chemicals within a Fermentation and Biotechnology marketplace. Due to increased activity and rapid expansion of their facility based in Teesside our client is now looking to recruit a number of Technical Operations Scientist / Engineer’s to form part of a Pilot Plant Operations team and provide hands-on expertise within Fermentation.
- Perform routine and non-routine operations of downstream units at pilot and commercial scale, including centrifugation, filtration, heat-kill, spray drying and lyophilisation etc.
- Lead optimisation of fermentation processes through, planning and execution
- Analyse fermentation samples using microbiological and analytical techniques such as HPLC, plating and cell counts
- Contribute to the improvement of production rate, yield and operating efficiency
- Participate in tasks within R&D and production
Experience & Qualifications:
- You will hold a minimum Degree or Master’s qualification with relevant industry experience in a pilot plant or manufacturing sector or be a PhD graduate in Chemical Engineering, Fermentation or related field of study
- Hold expertise in operating and optimising biochemical-reactor’s and/or fermentation processes
- Experience in working with biological processes with knowledge in fermentation and sterile techniques
- Basic understanding of COSHH, HACCP and HSE procedures is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to analyse data
- Participate in a Shift Pattern, as and when required
- Be willing to do some travel, including commissioning new plants outside of the country